Thursday, June 30, 2011

Whole Wheat Bread


My next provident living baby step was making whole wheat bread. I honestly have to say that the hardest part of this project was finding whole wheat flour. It was another "you're not in Utah" experience as I'd go from store to store to try to find it. I finally found it in a 5 lb bag at Super Target, and the expiration date was 40 days away- apparently no one uses it here. But the bread is delicious and surprisingly really easy. It only takes an hour and a half to make (including rising and baking time) and my Bosch does most of the work. The recipe makes 4 loaves at a time. I've made it twice so far and we all seem to enjoy it (Devin has a hard time cutting it straight though).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! A lesser woman would give up the effort not finding the flour right away. But you are NOT a lesser woman!! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete