I knew we had a fire department close to our house, so I decided to put V in a stroller and walk over with C to it to check it out, not knowing it was almost a mile away. Seems closer when you're driving 50mph haha. We made it there just fine (the way back was a different story...).
Cambers gets so giddy whenever we see a fire truck drive by, and she was beside herself being so close to one. The firemen were just leaving, but they stopped, gave us a tour, and got Cambers a little firefighter in training sticker. If only she liked attention from strangers...
Inside, she was very apprehensive (She looks like- Why did you put me up here, and what is all this crap?)
She was loving the big tires, hoses, and standing up on the back of the truck. She wasn't loving that fireman touching her. V was just happy to be along for the ride.
Sporting her little sticker
Devin had spring break last week and we spent some time trying to find our back yard under all the leaves. Love a little manual labor. We have big plans for back here. With little wallets, we'll probably only get a little of it accomplished.
Yard work is a whole new ball game with babies. Devin was a good sport carting V around with him.
I also had my Birthday and was pampered all day long! Since Devin was home all day, I got to sleep in till 8, go to the temple, not change a single diaper ALL DAY, work out without tripping over a child, shower (I never realized how big of a luxury it is with kids), go for a family trip to the park, and go on a date with my wonderful husband. It was a perfect day.
YUM! Mellow Mushroom
That does sound like a totally awesome birthday. I'm glad Devin is so good to you and your girls. Your hair looks super cute also!
ReplyDeletecute bangs Jos! cute yard helper Devin! love you guys! hope C doesn't get her hand stuck in a pocket again anytime soon ;)
ReplyDelete