Saturday, January 21, 2012

NC State Arboretum

I took the girls to the Arboretum in Raleigh.  Arboretum was not a word in my vocabulary- I knew it had to do with plants, but I thought it was a big green house.  Since Vienna is a little stuffy, I thought- GREAT!  A giant humidifier.  Well the jokes on me, it was several different outdoor gardens- mostly dead in January.  The desert plants were looking pretty fantastic though and thankfully it wasn't too cold.  Sidenote:  Cambry is actually letting me put her hair up, and leaving it in for an hour or two at a time!  This is a big milestone for us. Her little pony tail warms my heart.



Cambry had a great time petting all the plants and this is her kind of amusement park with all the little trails and secret paths to explore.







This Japanese Apricot Tree was already blossoming!  So pretty! It made me so excited for spring.




The Terrace showed potential of awesomeness with all the manicured gardens that were still dormant. We'll definitely have to come back in a few months.


2 comments:

  1. That pic of Cambry petting the spikey plant with her eyes kind of closed looks JUST LIKE YOU!! Oh that ponytail is adorable!!! I was kind of expecting a lot of trees with a name like Aboretum, seems like a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ponytail. Good for you on taking the girls on an adventure. I'm sure Cam didn't even know it was supposed to be more she looks like she had a great time.

    ReplyDelete