Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Tetons





{This is Devin}
At the beginning of October, I had a workshop up in Grand Teton National Park for my job. (I know, it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.) I brought Joslyn with me so that I could have someone to play hooky with. We left our kids with my sister in Logan. Thanks Noelle!
We pulled in Monday night and walked downtown Jackson Hole and found a place to eat.
We got up and went for walk first thing as the sunrise was just ending. We were greeted with this view just a few steps out of our room. Surely, this must be heaven!

Good Morning, Bedheads!
While I presented and participated in discussions, Joslyn went for a run....

.....on bear infested trails!


 After my meetings in the morning, I played hooky the rest of the day to spend time with Joslyn and take in the beauty all around us. There was still some good fall foliage out. 


We hiked around this lake. It took a few hours, but it was a beautiful trail.



We went into town to find some grub after the long hike. On our way back to our room, we were treated to this beautiful sunset.


After a short hike in the fog the next morning, we drove back down to Logan to pick up our kids. It was so good to spend some one-on-one time with Joslyn in such a beautiful setting.

On our drive out of the park, we were able to catch a lot of the wildlife.

Meanwhile, I don't think out kids missed us for a moment. They had so much fun with aunt Noelle and their cousins. They were totally bummed out when they found out that they'd be sleeping back at home.





Thanks, Noelle, for taking such good care of our kids while we were gone.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are just unreal! I cant get over how beautiful they are-makes me want to pick up and leave boring Texas forever!

    ReplyDelete