Friday, February 3, 2012
Shameless
By
Joslyn
We moved last week. More to come on that. I woke up this morning to the garbage truck picking up the trash... but not ours since we didn't know when garbage day took place. Note taken- it's on Fridays. He left our street before I could get it out. I've been watching my street to see the neighbors' cans on the curb, but to no avail. Our trash can lid was already sticking up with white bags trying to escape. An hour later, I heard another truck near by. I stuck my head out the front door and saw it on a neighboring street. So I slapped some shoes on, left my kids to tend themselves, and attempted to cross a busy road during the morning rush with my trash can in tow. As I stood on the curb waiting for the trash man with bed head in pajamas, I thought about how I've reached a new low, and am quite proud of myself.
Labels:
Every day life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! That is pretty great though. I have great memories of doing that on yard cleanup day... Fooled the garbage man while he went up old colony. Love, Jamey
ReplyDeleteYou are a woman who 'makes it happen'! your dad is so proud!
ReplyDelete