Monday, August 1, 2011
Leave it alone
By
Joslyn
There's a house in Cary that C and I frequently walk by in the morning that has this sign up (it even has spot lights pointing on it every night so it won't be missed by passing cars). Apparently the story behind it is the town of Cary widened the streets and his house flooded more frequently than it used to. He wanted Cary to buy his house, but instead they offered to fix the problem. 10 years later he is a very bitter man that has spent much time and money trying to get even with the City. He now is trying to sell his house (which probably won't sell since he's advertising how crappy it is) to pay for medical bills. Every time I see this, I think of President Packer's story from the last conference about "leaving it alone"- forgiving and forgetting instead of seeking vengeance and revenge. How sad this is to me that this man chooses to spend his remaining time on earth fueled by anger. Just like his cancer is destroying his body, his bitterness is destroying his spirit. It's a good example of why we need to forgive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chances are good that the anger and bitterness actually caused his cancer. I'm glad you are so wise at such a young age-it'll save you lots of heartache in life.
ReplyDeleteAmen to what the beck says, about the cancer, but most importantly that you are the wisest person I know. So so grateful.
ReplyDelete